Wednesday, March 31, 2010

CORNBREAD l CAMBODIA TO LA l vol. 2, pt.6

!!REAL!! Ban Chau..... or for all yall Vietnamese, Ban Xeo.


On too many levels, we have it made easy in the States. It can be taken both ways, but as for food..... there are things that I just cannot comprehend! Making a birthday cake "from scratch" is difficult so we go to Safeway (aka VONS) and cop cake mix in a box.....

On the flip side, when I'm fient out for some Ban Chau, I hit up the homie's mom to cook up my favorite dish. But in most cases, even the Ban Chau crepe in the States is a "just-add-water" powder mix....

Bellow, is the OG, OG, OG, OG way to make the coconut crepes in Ban Chau.......

To my surprise, RIPE coconut is NOT hard! It's actually really gelatin-like..... ???
But in this case, we needed to use the old coconut to press into a thick paste.......




This is the crepe batter.
THIS IS BAN CHAU!



I ATE 7 OF THEM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...